Good mechanic in Melbourne to check o... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

ALSC International Forum - ARCHIVE » Mechanical » Archive through May 06, 2005 » Good mechanic in Melbourne to check overheating problem? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Isikeli Raicebe
ALSC Regular
Username: Selks

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 5:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As subject says, does anyone know a good mechanic that can check overheating problem in Melbourne?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Lee
ALSC Regular
Username: Son_gokou

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U can always togo Sports & Luxury Cars and get them to check the overheating problem..

Their details:

10 Hayward Rd,
Ferntree Gully, 3156
www.crossover-car.com.au

ph:-(03) 9753 5799

Ian Wood
ALSC Addict
Username: Woody

Post Number: 376
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope you don't mind me calling you Isi, but Daniel is right. Sports & luxury is the place to go to.

Isikeli Raicebe
ALSC Regular

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually went to Sports and Luxury for a service recently - it's a bit out of the way and considering car is overheating it's a bit far. I live in Footscray so I hope there's someone a bit closer to the city...if not, is it worth me just going to Toyota dealership??

Isikeli Raicebe
ALSC Regular

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 5:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just went to Le Mans Toyota in Footscray. Problem was thermostat and crap in the radiator. Yay! I can finally drive my Soarer around again...!!!

Graham Dollisson
ALSC Junkie
Username: Alloyvee

Post Number: 772
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 6:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I changed the thermotat in my friends 92 magna the other day. It came out in three bits. I use to change the thermostat in my cars every year when I flushed the cooling system. Whats a couple of dollars compared an engine rebuild.

Isikeli Raicebe
ALSC Regular

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 9:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mechanic at Le Mans gave me a scare by saving that he thought that there was a gasket problem!!! Turned out to be just a small crack in the airbox (cylinder 7 & 8 not compressing fuel as it should) - needs to be sealed up (they've sealed it up with electrical tape at the moment but obviously needs a longer term solution).

Rob Andreacchio
ALSC Administrator
Username: Reepa

Post Number: 6084
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 8:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is the thermostat on the V8??
Web:www.reepa.com Email:admin@reepa.com

Neil Griffiths
ALSC Diehard
Username: Aussiesc

Post Number: 8187
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ummm,,Hiding under the Black Plastic thing that the Bottom hose goes to..heheheh

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration