Last x Days Posts  1 | 3 | 7 Days  Search  Topics  Tree View  Help
  Soarer Central * Track and Major Rebuild Car Projects * Stomps jzz20 track project Previous Previous    Next Next  

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages
Open in new windowArchive through July 28, 2010Jerzy Stopczynski45 
Open in new windowArchive through September 30, 2011Phil Gibson35 
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page      

Jerzy Stopczynski
TryHard
Westarn Australia
jzz20

Reg: 12-2006

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 04:17 pm, by:  Jerzy Stopczynski (Stomps) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah.. im keen to drive it again..

looks like there is some SC vs CCCWA drag day in october.. not really interested in drags.. but meh, its a chance to drive it..

gonna enter the Jap Day thing at Midvale..

Then got a khana in November..

Also gonna try get out to wannaz again before the end of the year..

Stomps
Jerzy Stopczynski
TryHard
Westarn Australia
jzz20

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 05:16 pm, by:  Jerzy Stopczynski (Stomps) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol @ my above post... none of the above actually eventuated because:

so.. the car has since gone back to WTF auto and the motor has been torn out and pulled apart..

its munched a set of brand new Arias forgies.. also scored up the block etc... i wont go into too many details, however im getting a new block, head (if needed) and pistons courtesy of the WTF guys.. (the motor had less than 1000k's on it so this definitely shouldnt happen..

while the motor is out im gonna invest in some other bits too..

im replacing the microtech with a platinum series Haltech, gonna rebuild the turbo (showing signs of shaft play) also gonna fit a GREX oil cooler kit (inbuilt thermostat etc)

no word on the cause of this failure. but with a motor safely (very safely) tuned to only 17psi and having less than 1000k's on it.. its gotta be something wierd...

dunno....

on a plus side, the gearbox felt awesome for the 1.2km i drove it... :-(

Stomps
Spencer Cameron
TryHard
NSW
JZZ30

Reg: 04-2008

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 08:03 pm, by:  Spencer Cameron (Switchio) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ouch, pretty painful to listen to.. It's a good thing the workshop's taking responsibility.

Mind if I ask why your swapping out the microtech, I was considering one for my car..
Jerzy Stopczynski
TryHard
Westarn Australia
jzz20

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 12:13 pm, by:  Jerzy Stopczynski (Stomps) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

couple of reasons... mainly due to the lack of support... The microtech tech guy (yes apparently there is only 1 guy) seems like he is always on leave...

it runs the motor fine, but i want better datalogging etc... so if like the above happens, i can tell why.. the microtech doesnt let me do that... or at least i cant get it to..

Stomps
Jerzy Stopczynski
TryHard
Westarn Australia
jzz20

Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 12:46 pm, by:  Jerzy Stopczynski (Stomps) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is now for sale.. the motor has been torn out and being rebuilt again by Tristan.. apparently the fault was a .10c washer that either failed or wasnt fitted between the oil pump and pickup..

I will either sell the thing as a whole or part it out.. if you know of anyone chasing quality 1jz parts.. point them in my direction..

I will put up a for sale thread.

Stomps
Boris Siljanoski
Goo Roo
Western Australia
LS400 + Soarer.

Reg: 11-2007

Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 07:27 pm, by:  Boris Siljanoski (Z2tt) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PM Sent.

Add Your Message Here
Eye Candy
Click for full size
Bold text Italics Underline Center Text Upload photo from your hard drive Make a List Make a Table Make an Image Thumbnail Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Formatting Help

Username: Important Posting Information:
If asking a question, have you done a search to see if your question has already been answered?
Be aware that the use of SMS-speak eg "u" instead of "you" etc, will get your post deleted.
Password:
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message

Administration Administration      Log Out Log Out Previous Previous      Next Next