Last x Days Posts  1 | 3 | 7 Days  Search  Topics  Tree View  Help
  Soarer Central * Track and Major Rebuild Car Projects * Lexus / soarer- 92-V8 GT-T Previous Previous    Next Next  

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages
Open in new windowArchive through July 08, 2017Dave Rose25 
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page      

Scott Vim
Goo Roo
Vic
Soarer (1uz) Chaser (1jz)

Reg: 12-2010

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 02:07 pm, by:  Scott Vim (1uz1jz) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I ever part it out I'll let you know. Just be careful there is heaps of fakes on ebay.
David Attenborough
Tinkerer
QLD
V8

Reg: 06-2016

Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:21 pm, by:  David Attenborough (Crissis) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ha,ha, wankers, was confused about some things,so i,d thought i,d ask, i have learnt that soarers are a good car, but the owners can be dickheads
David Attenborough
Tinkerer
QLD
V8

Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:07 pm, by:  David Attenborough (Crissis) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

heres a laugh for you, how about no boot struts,someones gone to a lot of trouble to remove them, and repaint the brackets like ther,ve never been used, and the brake pads of a soarer only fit the front, had to get Lexus for the back, and the people who fitted the harness went to a lot of trouble to make the connector point on the back floor look factory, now i know it,s stock i can move on, i,ve had the ECU problem, still got the petrol sender gauge, and the blinky dash to go, i,m doing my apprentaship, theres a lot of information online, but some of it contradicts, but i,ll work it out, at least you,s got a laugh out of it
David Attenborough
Tinkerer
QLD
V8

Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:10 pm, by:  David Attenborough (Crissis) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as far as the tree goes, i suggest you use it as a suppository,
Tim Schroeter
TryHard
NSW
V8, V8, V8

Reg: 04-2014

Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 10:48 pm, by:  Tim Schroeter (790) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David, good to see your working things out. We all had to learn these things once. If you have any more queries post them up. Some of us are happy to help. They're a complex car for their era but enjoyable to work on & learn about.
Peter Nitschke
Junk Filterer
South Australia
UZZ30 UZZ31

Reg: 11-2004

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:32 am, by:  Peter Nitschke (Pen) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David, if there are no boot struts, what holds the boot up?

My UZZ30 has pretty much all of the things you have mentioned, timber dash, ABS, drivers airbag.

If you are talking about a race harness rather than a standard seatbelt, then that is definitely after market and not factory fitted.

Soarer and Lexus part numbers are sometimes interchanged as many parts on a Lexus SC-400 are the same as on a UZZ30, it depends on how the catalog is designed as to which they use.

Your being a bit rude about a couple of people having fun possibly says less about them.

Simple thing is that by all accounts, your UZZ30 is pretty much the same as all other UZZ30's made before the first revision in 1994.

It is a special car, but they all are.

Enjoy it for what it is.

If you ever get the chance to drive either a UZZ31 or UZZ32, it will be interesting to hear what you find as being different.
Mike Beck
Goo Roo
New Zealand
3UZ-FE V8 4.3 UZZ32

Reg: 11-2005

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:36 am, by:  Mike Beck (Gold_40gt) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Officially the weirdest soarer central thread for sometime :p
David Attenborough
Tinkerer
QLD
V8

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:29 am, by:  David Attenborough (Crissis) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nothing holds the boot up, i,m not trying to make out my cars special, just trying to find out whats stock and whats not, maybe where they had the harness connected to the back floor was originally meant for a child restraint or something, 2 eye bolts behind drivers seat, i,ll arrange to take some pics
Tim Schroeter
TryHard
NSW
V8, V8, V8, V8

Reg: 04-2014

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:31 am, by:  Tim Schroeter (790) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed Mike. We comment that the forums are dying, enthusiasts are moving over to facebook. Then when a young guy posts up about his new ride some bag him for his inexperience with soarers. Bit 'elitis' we seem. I'm in my 50s & only discovered soarers about 5 years ago, had plenty to learn. The forum seemed kinder back then...
Dave Rose
Goo Roo
WA
UZZ31

Reg: 03-2007

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:33 pm, by:  Dave Rose (Sand_groper) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

made as a special order car, made very light, crushed velour interior instead of leather , just to save weight, direct steering.

When a statement as above is made you have to expect some puns, and non of us called him a wanker .Some of us tried to help him ! but he would not give up .LOL
Mike Beck
Goo Roo
New Zealand
3UZ-FE V8 4.3 UZZ32

Reg: 11-2005

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:46 pm, by:  Mike Beck (Gold_40gt) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tim Schroeter wrote on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:31 am:

50s

The new 40.
Peter Nitschke
Junk Filterer
South Australia
UZZ30 UZZ31

Reg: 11-2004

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:53 pm, by:  Peter Nitschke (Pen) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David Attenborough wrote on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:29 am:

nothing holds the boot up

So if you want to open the boot, you have to hold it up yourself or use something like a broomstick?

Just trying to understand what someone has done to the car.
Dave Rose
Goo Roo
WA
UZZ31

Reg: 03-2007

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 04:45 pm, by:  Dave Rose (Sand_groper) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike Beck wrote on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

50s

The new 40.

Piffff , 72 the new 25 and loving it !!!!
David Attenborough
Tinkerer
QLD
V8

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 07:01 pm, by:  David Attenborough (Crissis) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, you have to hold it, or get something to hold it open, like i said earlier, the man i bought it of owned a performance workshop, and you,se to import Soarers on the side, but all he said he modified was the exhaust, petrol pump and put a Supra diff, the anchor points i mentioned behind the drivers seat, i,ll take some pics so you can be as confused as me
Scott Vim
Goo Roo
Vic
Soarer (1uz) Chaser (1jz)

Reg: 12-2010

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:39 am, by:  Scott Vim (1uz1jz) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would love to see the pics. Sorry but it didn't really sound like you were asking questions. Sounded more like you were making big claims that were wrong and wouldn't listen to reason. Anyway feel free to ask as many questions as you need but also feel free to Wikipedia Soarer. Nothing there about direct steering. I would love to find that article if it exists.

Add Your Message Here
Eye Candy
Click for full size
Bold text Italics Underline Center Text Upload photo from your hard drive Make a List Make a Table Make an Image Thumbnail Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Formatting Help

Username: Important Posting Information:
If asking a question, have you done a search to see if your question has already been answered?
Be aware that the use of SMS-speak eg "u" instead of "you" etc, will get your post deleted.
Password:
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message

Administration Administration      Log Out Log Out Previous Previous      Next Next