Last x Days Posts  1 | 3 | 7 Days  Search  Topics  Tree View  Help
  Soarer Central * Suspension * Swapping to coil overs Previous Previous    Next Next  

Julian Mazur
Tinkerer
New South Wales
SC300 Twin Turbo

Reg: 07-2012

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 09:04 pm, by:  Julian Mazur (Jules30) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I scored some TEIN coil overs really cheaply for my SC300. I'll be fitting these soon with a front strut brace.

Before I go pulling everything apart, I noticed my front struts have a big top on them with wires running into the and TEMS on top. The guy I bough the car from knows the original importer and apparently it had adjustable suspension fitted but there are no switches anywhere to adjust anything.

Are they worth hanging onto? Are they of any interest to anyone? I read somewhere most were butchered or turfed out.

Anyway, I also heard the TEIN's make a clunk (my mate runs them in his Supra race car) and apparently someone in QLD can rebuild them and remove a sleeve that causes the clunk? Anyone know who it is?

Finally, what are the coil overs like on a road car. I like a low car, no problem there at all, but I also like the car to ride fairly comfortable. I have 18's on it, and I'm looking to drop it 2/3 inches or so (sits pretty bloody high!)
Marc Hoffmann
TryHard
Vic
Soarer TT

Reg: 07-2009

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 10:39 pm, by:  Marc Hoffmann (Rushed) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i just swapped my TEMS to BC coilovers.

totally changed the car in the hills.

tems were adjusted by the norm/perf gearbox switch.

i find them a bit rougher etc than lowered tems, but the handling improvement is well worth it (running on 19's and set at 102mm atm), it will all depend on your spring rates, and damper settings.

hope that helps
Julian Mazur
Tinkerer
New South Wales
SC300 Twin Turbo

Reg: 07-2012

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 08:57 pm, by:  Julian Mazur (Jules30) Quote hilighted text Edit Post Delete Post Print Post   View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin Only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheers mate.

I'm used to lowered cars, but I've never had coil overs. I'm more old school.

I never knew TEMS was activated by the performance switch, thanks. I turned it on today, but didn't notice any height difference, and on the road I was driving on it was impossible to tell if the car was firmer or not.

I'll put the coil overs in, with the strut brace, it will make the car sit a lot better, I think it's way too high at the moment. I'm running 18's and there is a big gap (probably 2/3 inches between the tyre and top of front guard. Rear is slightly lower but I also have a full tank of fuel now.

Add Your Message Here
Eye Candy
Click for full size
Bold text Italics Underline Center Text Upload photo from your hard drive Make a List Make a Table Make an Image Thumbnail Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Formatting Help

Username: Important Posting Information:
If asking a question, have you done a search to see if your question has already been answered?
Be aware that the use of SMS-speak eg "u" instead of "you" etc, will get your post deleted.
Password:
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message

Administration Administration      Log Out Log Out Previous Previous      Next Next